Win, Win, Win! Bride Wars DVD competition!
Has the Chief Bridesmaid got a treat for you today? We've got a Bride Wars-themed competition!
Bride Wars - the fabulous chick flick with Anne Hathaway and Kate Hudson - is being released on DVD on Monday (18th May), and to celebrate I've got 5 copies of the DVD to give away as well as a pair of Bridal-themed boxing gloves for the winner!
I went to see Bride Wars at the cinema earlier this year and absolutely loved it - drama, comedy, tears and enough wedding porn to keep even the most beleagued Bride a pre-wedding glow!
The story follows best friends Liv and Emma as their dream weddings turn them from BFFs into Bridezillas!
Liv played by Kate Hudson (How to Lose a Guy in 10 Days) and Emma played by Anne Hathaway (The Devil Wears Prada) have been best friends since they were kids - furthermore, they have been planning every detail of their weddings since they were six years old. Both dreaming of a lavish celebration at New York’s plaza hotel, it looks like they will finally get the weddings they have longed for when 20 years later their respective boyfriends propose, they secure June dates at the Plaza and get ready for happily ever after.
But when it comes to weddings, nothing ever goes according to plan…
When their exclusive wedding planner makes a terrible error, Liv and Emma end up scheduled to marry on the same date. Unwilling to back-down, their lifelong friendship gets cast aside as the former pals find themselves locked in a take-no-prisoners Bride War to ruin each other's big day!
If you'd like to enter this fabulous Bride Wars competition, you will need to answer this question:
What is the name of Kate Hudson's film star mother?
Please write your answer in the subject line of your email and send it to me at: Bridewarscomp@googlemail.com
Please include your name and address in the body of the email and respond by the closing date, June 1st 2009. The t&cs can be found at the foot of the page.
The winner will receive the bridal boxing gloves and a copy of Bride Wars on DVD, 4 runners up will win a copy of the Bride Wars DVD each.
Good Luck! But if you don't win, you can always check out a fun free Bride wars-themed ecard for your bridesmaids:
Bride Wars E-card
Whilst we're on the subject on wedding movies, maybe we should have a think about some of the other best wedding movies out there. Might be a good idea for table names?!:
1. My Big Fat Greek Wedding
2. Muriel's Wedding
3. My Best Friend's Wedding
4. The Wedding Planner
5. 4 Weddings and a Funeral
6. Love Actually (OK, not exactly a wedding movie, but Keira's dress in this is so stunning it totally deserved a mention)
7. Father of the Bride
8. Green Card (I love this film!)
9. The Wedding Singer
10. Sex and the City - the movie.
with lots of love, The Chief Bridesmaid xoxo
Bride Wars Competition - Terms and Conditions:
1. This competition is open to entrants in the UK and ROI only.
2. The Chief Bridesmaid reserves the right to cancel or amend the Bride Wars Competition without notice. Any changes will be posted either within these terms and conditions.
3. In the event of any dispute regarding the Rules, conduct, results and all other matters relating to the Bride Wars Competition, the decision of The Chief Bridesmaid shall be final and no correspondence or discussion shall be entered into.
4. You may enter the Bride Wars Competition as many times as you like however where a winner has been selected and The Chief Bridesmaid discovers or has reasonable grounds to believe the winner has used any software or automated process either to answer questions or to make bulk entries, The Chief Bridesmaid may select an alternative winner. Any further winner will be selected on the same criteria as the original winner and will be subject to these Rules.
5. Competition entries must be made in the manner and by the closing date specified. Failure to do so will disqualify the entry.
6. Prize winners will be chosen at random from all qualifying Entries within 28 days of the closing date.
Article posted: 2009-05-20 14:41:22